The ownership and management of Real Estate is a highly regulated segment of the free enterprise system of the United States. As such, the members of the North Metro REIA must treat this enterprise with the utmost professionalism.
REIA membership means that each member is part of an organization of people intent on expanding his or her knowledge of real estate investing and management.
We, the members of the North Metro REIA:
- Provide safe and sanitary housing
- Provide affordable housing opportunities
- Develop and Re-Develop housing units which make neighborhoods and communities more attractive and desirable
- Are visible as active Investment Professionals
In order to pursue these ends in a legal and ethical manner, all “members of North Metro REIA” will be held to a high standard of ethical behavior, which includes, but is not limited to the following enumerated list of behaviors:
I, as a North Metro REIA member:
- Will not intentionally misrepresent any material fact in my business dealings
- Will keep myself informed on matters affecting housing in my community, including local, state, and federal laws.
- Will provide safe and sanitary housing.
- Will provide assistance to fellow North Metro REIA members whenever prudent and appropriate.
- Will act as a positive role model for the professions of Real Estate Investing and Housing Providers when dealing with tenants, the public, the media, government officials, and all others.
- Will be responsible to complete my own due diligence (homework) in all business dealings and will encourage others to do the same.
- Will not malign other North Metro REIA members.
- Will NOT use the North Metro REIA logo, or other identification material or slogans, without the express written permission of the Board of Directors (or Trustees).
- Will NOT make any unauthorized representation to the public, press or media with regards to North Metro REIA’s position on any matter, and not represent any legislative or political position as though it is that of the organization, without Board approval.
- Shall endeavor to promote North Metro REIA in its positive image within the community, and to aid and assist in the organization’s growth prosperity.
Those who want the Association to take action against a member for what they perceive to be unethical behavior as defined in this document must present their case and evidence of unethical behavior to the North Metro REIA President, in writing, for review. The President, the Executive Committee, and two volunteers from the general membership, will serve on an Ethics Committee, which the President will chair unless he is directly involved. The Ethics Committee will investigate and review the allegations. The Ethics Committee will submit their findings and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors in a timely manner. The North Metro REIA Board of Directors may then impose whatever sanctions it deems appropriate. Such action may include, but not be limited to, suspension or permanent disbarment from the organization.
I DO HEREBY AUTHORIZE MY MEMBERSHIP BE RENEWED UPON EXPIRATION OR ON AN ONGOING MONTHLY BASIS AND THAT THE APPROPRIATE CHARGES (if any) BE APPLIED TO MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE. IF THERE IS A LAPSE IN CHARGES DUE TO THE CARD ON FILE BEING DECLINED FOR ANY REASON, A NEW SET-UP FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO EITHER THE CARD ON FILE OR THE NEW CARD THAT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR PAYMENT. SHOULD I WISH TO DISCONTINUE MY MEMBERSHIP, I SHALL COMPLY TO North Metro REIA’s POLICY TO SEND A WRITTEN NOTIFICATION VIA ELECTRONIC OR REGULAR MAIL 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE NEXT RECURRING BILLING DATE. I UNDERSTAND ALL SUCH NOTIFICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO:
North Metro REIA